Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer (Contract)
Remote working fully embedded (required to attend Head Office in Albert Dock, Liverpool occasionally)
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels
we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. We are recruiting an experienced full stack developer that will be involved in the development, support, maintenance and continual improvement of our core systems for YodelAc£s HHT transformation project. This full stack role covers everything from the development of backend services to modern front-end websites, as well as automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployments.
What you'll be doing
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for the delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems, from design through to implementation, and post implementation support. You will follow agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning, and retros and continuous Delivery is at the core of our development approach.
In addition to this, you will contribute to the overall design of our systems and delivery of quality code to defined standards. The role requires the ability to work collaboratively within a development team, responsible for the delivery and support of solutions. You will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Test Driven Development
- Paired programming, as required
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution, or resolve underlying production system issues
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Working on a rota basis to provide Out of Hours Support
- Must be able to work closely with solution design, business analysts and product owners
- Must be able to work with Business Representatives, providing communications in clear non-technical language.
What you need to show us
The effective Full Stack Developer will need to have previous commercial experience of developing Java systems with a good understanding of Java Language covering the skills listed below.
- Java Spring Boot
- Java Script specifically React or Node.js
- React Native
- Agile Working Practices
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- GIT or similar.
Why work with us
Why work for us
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Developer wanting to join an award-winning IT team in Liverpool city centre. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
- Flexible working
- Competitive rate
- Business casual dress code
- Discounted city centre parking
- Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock.